Favorite Parenting Books
- Brain Rules for Baby by John Medina
I read SO many parenting books while pregnant and during B’s early days. This was my favorite. In my opinion, the title is a misnomer as most of the “rules” apply throughout early childhood, ages 0-8. I read the first edition, the author has since added a chapter on sleep, which I have not read.
Favorite Children’s Books
- Let’s Make Rabbits by Leo Lionni
This is a cute book about two rabbits, one drawn and one cut from paper, who develop a friendship. B picks it out at the library over and over again… and I rarely tire of reading.
- Sharing is Fun by Joanna Cole
This book is out of print but many used copies are still available. It is about a child hosting friends at his house. The characters prepare a snack, decide how to deal with sharing toys, and work through minor conflicts over toys. This book gave our family some easy, appropriate guidelines to use when sharing toys with others and we often re-read it in preparation for play dates or other situations when we anticipate sharing might be a challenge.
Books used in the Teacher Tour Guide Curriculum
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
- Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn
- Maisy Goes to the Library by Lucy Cousins
- Cookbooks by The Food Allergy Mama, Kelly Rudnicki
- Maisy Goes Shopping by Lucy Cousins
- Just Shopping with Mom by Mercer Mayer
- Bebe Goes Shopping by Susan Middleton Elya
- Antler, Bear, Canoe: A Northwoods Alphabet by Betsy Bowen
- Froggy Learns to Swim by Jonathon London
- The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation by Jan Berenstain
- Car Wash by Sandra Steen and Susan Steen
- Water in the Park: a book about water & the times of the day By Stphanie Graegin
- Playground Day by Jennifer J. Merz
- Please Play Safe: Penguin’s Guide to Playground Safety by Margery Cuyler